"Milestones"

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It finally stopped raining, when I can go outside so Ricky can play I feel better. Probably because he gets so tired he takes almost 2 hour naps in the middle of the day (heaven!)

So today when I had some alone time I finally read some of those annoying articles people post on Facebook from random websites or blogs ( we are all guilty). This one was not only hysterical it was so true. 

This is the link to the blog, the writer is a mom, blogger and stand up comedian she basically took what we usually celebrate as milestones like first steps, first haircut and word and instead focused on these firsts:


1.) THE FIRST TIME YOU TURNED YOUR BACK FOR ONE F*%KING SECOND AND YOUR CHILD ROLLED OFF THE BED OR SOFA OR CHANGING TABLE.
the ugly volvo


Guilty! you can read more about it HERE


2.) THE FIRST TIME YOU TRIED CUTTING YOUR CHILD'S NAILS AND YOU ACCIDENTALLY CLIPPED THE SKIN AND SHE BLED A LITTLE.
the ugly volvo

I did this and it did feel horrible, I got over it quick though because you know what feels worse? Nursing in the middle of the night and having a sharp baby nail right on your goods. Ouch!


3.) THE FIRST TIME YOU WERE HOLDING HIM UP IN THE AIR AND HE THREW UP ONTO YOUR FACE.
the ugly volvo

This one happens to Paul all the time, I always warn him but does he listen? of course not, he's a husband. 


4.) THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW ANOTHER KID YOUR CHILD'S AGE WHO WAS MORE ADVANCED THAN YOUR CHILD.
the ugly volvo

This happened ALL the time at that place we don't mention it starts with a G and ends with E. We stopped going because if I had to hear one more F*'n time how your kid can sign and I need to teach my baby how to I was going to buy a baby sign language book and slap her upside the head  with it. 


5.) YOUR FIRST TERRIBLE SHIT STORY.
the ugly volvo

HAHA, you will never have an empty laundry basket again, new moms. Our first time required me to change myself, the baby and disinfect both the couch and the rug....then there was that time at a wedding, in the middle of  rehearsal dinner, I was wearing a white sweater :) fun times. 


6.) THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T KNOW GAVE YOU UNSOLICITED ADVICE ON HOW TO RAISE YOUR KID.
the ugly volvo

:/ seriously, don't be that person.


7.) THE FIRST TIME YOUR CHILD HAD A MELTDOWN IN A PUBLIC PLACE.
the ugly volvo

Nothing can make you break down faster than a crying baby and those postpartum hormones, F you hormones!


8.) THE FIRST TIME YOU FORGOT TO LOCK THE WHEELS ON YOUR STROLLER.
the ugly volvo

Yup, I think this person must have been there when it happened to me, except I was on the ground. 


9.) THE FIRST TIME HE REPEATED SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T WANT HIM TO REPEAT.
the ugly volvo

HERE is the story on that one


10.) THE FIRST TIME YOU COULDN'T REMEMBER YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH IN ENOUGH DETAIL AND WERE WILLING TO CONSIDER HAVING A SECOND CHILD.
the ugly volvo

Nope! not there yet. 

These all deserve to go in the baby book, right next to the curl of hair that I saved from his first haircut. They are not milestones for him, they are milestones for me, I made it through all that and here I am. I had no clue what I was doing when I brought you home baby, I cried so many times and felt like I couldn't handle it some days. Yet here I am, your going to be one soon and I made it. That deserves a celebration, maybe not one you will remember but I Mom and Dad deserve a little something for making it through all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code