Oh S*&^!

Monday, March 17, 2014

I pride myself in not being the kind of mom that swears around my baby, but no one is perfect. There is a routine that I try to follow, Ricky takes naps, he plays, he eats. This is how it works and it makes me mad as heck when Paul tries to change it. I'm already not using curse words, score!

Getting back to the story here, Paul had the day off on Friday and chased Ricky around the  house all day. To me this was comical because I have long realized that resistance is futile so instead I let him loose in a kid safe area of the house and worry about the mess when he takes a nap. Once he wakes up the process begins again and this way I avoid myself the stress of trying to keep the house clutter free while he is still awake.

Paul doesn't get this concept since he is usually at work all day when Ricky is at his maximum energy level. Not only was he becoming frustrated with the toys, dishes and clothes that were strung across the living room but also with Ricky. At some point I finally gave up and turned off Real Housewives of Atlanta ;) ( I love trash TV) long enough to realize the baby was ready for a nap and my husband needed a Valium.

As I carried my little hellion into the bedroom for a nap, I stepped on a dvd disc not only breaking it but cutting my foot open.  All restraint failed me and I yelled " S*&%"!  not two seconds later from Ricky's little innocent baby mouth came the same word. In his little baby voice he clearly said it, Paul and I exchanged a glance but said nothing.

I took Ricky into the bedroom, feed him and put him down for a nap. As soon as I closed the door, I laughed the hardest I have in a looooong time. It's not that I think it was right or that it should be repeated but it was just too funny. Paul and I agreed to cut the swearing and he hasn't said it since.

Later I realized that my baby is not so much a baby anymore, this little thing that needs me so much for his daily needs will soon be able to communicate his needs with words and that is really an OH S*&^! moment for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code