Things I LOVE about Hawaii

Friday, July 19, 2013

I have been living on the island of Oahu for almost three years now, which does not make me an expert on the island at ALL. But I have picked up a couple of things from living here and I think it might be useful if you are coming to visit or at some point may be moving here due to a military move. There is basically every branch of service on the island and it is a very sought after duty station for many military members. Let me start off by saying that the beach is NOT the only place to spend your time here.
 This is a picture of Hawaii Kai taken from my car. Sometimes it's just nice to drive by the beach lol
 Same here this is a picture of North Shore
 The Dole plantation offers a tour and not to mention amazing ice cream. Check it out here
 Waikiki offers a fireworks show for 4th of July every year and BONUS every Friday there is show around 7pm. For FREE. The best view in my opinion is from Dukes which you can check out here


 This is the only palace in the United States, you can tour it and it is so beautiful and fun to walk trough. Very educational. Plus you get to wear fun booties while walking around in it. Look here
 Diamond Head! is a very easy hike, and very popular with tourists so get here early! Hike diamond head
 Do not leave the island without trying Hula Pie! it is amazing. Remember to share ;) you can find this amazing dessert at Dukes
Please attend a LUAU while you are visiting.DO not do hotel ones, try this one. It's my personal favorite and I know for a fact the dancers here are actually Hawaiin and the food is great.
 
Here is a list of other places I love on the island
2) This hike, includidng a waterfall! here
There is soo much more so make sure to wear sunscreen and Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code