Breastfeeding update

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Looking through my blog pages the other night, I realized that my breastfeeding page sucks! yeah it was late at night and it was quickly thrown together this is it, eventually I will fix pictures in there and re-write it. For now here is a quick and dirty on it. Ricky was born via c-section not my choice but it's just how it went down so I didn't get to do all the good skin to skin and having baby latch on right away. Instead about 3 hours later ( he had to get some antibiotics) when I attempted to finally feed him he was not interested and exhausted. It took me a whole day, sore breasts, and lots of patience to finally get him to latch on.

He is now almost 10 months old and still breastfeeds, he is down to three solid feedings a day and the rest of the time he has solids. We only use the breast pump when traveling or he stays with a babysitter. I plan to stop breastfeeding when he turns one, I've a cocktail here and there since he was 4 months old and always waited until he had nursed and made sure we had a good 2-4 hour break in between.

The only solid pieces of advice I could give any new mom who is planning on breastfeeding is be persistent and patient but most importantly if it doesn't work out it's ok! don't stress, your still an amazing mom.

Here are some essentials that I have found to work great and are MUST haves if your a full time working mom.



1. This stuff is amazing and safe for baby.

2. Put these in the fridge and put them on in between feedings.

3. I only got 3 good ones, they are about $26 each so splurge and rotate. This is were I bought mine Nursing bras

4. This was a life saver, it's fast and convenient.

Just some extra tips, drink plenty of water and don't waste your time with buying some expensive breastfeeding cover. Babies hate those things! Use a large baby blanket, like a swaddle blanket and just tie a knot in it. Saves money and it's convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code