Making your Christmas tree safe

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I just finished reading an article about making Christmas trees safe if you have an active toddler or a crawler (like I do). Here are some tips that I found very useful, this is our first Christmas with a baby so I am glad I came across them.

* Hang sharp or breakable ornaments, as well as any decorations with tiny parts, high enough on the tree that your tot can't get to them.

* don't use decorations that look like candy or food that way they won't be tempted to put them in their mouths.

* Create a barrier around the tree with a baby gate or you can use empty diaper boxes, filled with books, wrap them up and stack them around the tree.

* LED lights get less hot so they won't burn baby hands!
Last Christmas, when I had expensive highlights and our dog was our only kid lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code