Richard Gabriel

Sunday, January 19, 2014

When I was pregnant, my "feeling" that I would be having a girl was so strong that I decided to let my husband pick the babies name. The agreement was if it was a boy, he would decide, if it was a girl I would. Obviously my "feeling" was way off and when the name Richard was proposed I threw up a decisive NO. My husband's father's name is Richard, my brothers name is Ricardo ( too many Richards). That was only one of my arguments I also had this crazy fear that he would be teased, I mean his last name is Roper and a short form of Richard is Dick ( to my horror). I know that kids can be mean and rude so for some crazy reason I felt it was a bad idea. My mind was changed of course, and this is the good part of the story. When I was four months of pregnant I decided to share the name choice with someone, to my shock they decided to tell me they hated it, excuse me?!  You don't get to say that! you get to be polite and say "oh, that's nice" end of story. After that I didn't care for anyone's opinion and went right with Richard, let someone try to pick on Ricky and they will have a very angry mom on their hands. Everyone knows you don't mess with an angry mom. Grandpa Rick hasn't met his little man yet but he will very soon (shh! it's a surprise ) Grandpa Gabriel (who is my dad) meet Ricky on our latest trip to CA and those two love each other. They just go around the house reeking havoc. I am glad that we didn't choose a name because it was on the top 100best baby names or because everyone thought it was "cute" this is a name that means family and love.


 
Hiking buddies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code