A post about shopping

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Before anyone gets excited at the mention of the word, this post is about NOT shopping, that's right I've officially gone insane and some inner world peace, end world hunger part has emerged. I've decided to spend 2014 without buying any new clothes or shoes (typing that physically hurt). It's all for a good cause, after watching a world vision commercial I decided that as a mother there is nothing worse than seeing a child starve. Since I no longer have an income because stay at home moms don't get paid (which is BS) I have to give up something in my life to contribute to the cause. Thought about it and decided there is nothing I need less than clothes, my closet is super full but I wear about 10% of what I own. I rock yoga pants and t-shirts on a daily basis and I've got enough running shoes to last me a life time, it's sad really. Hopefully this will help me concentrate on the more important things in life or it could also make me addicted to shopping for Ricky! (Just kidding) wish me luck ;) and best of luck on your goals for 2014. If you would like to sponsor a child for 2014 just check out www.worldvision.org


http://m.worldvision.org/content/ways-get-involved


©2013 Lindsey Minerva/World Vision
10. Abu, 13, of Sierra Leone received a goat from World Vision. When his family didn't have money to pay for secondary school, they were able to sell a goat to pay for his school fees. He currently has two goats. His father lives away from the family, and his mother Jenneh is the breadwinner for her 5 sons. The goats are a great help in caring for her family. Abu helps to care for the goats, like this one in this April picture. He hopes to be a carpenter when he grows up.

1 comment:

  1. It is BS that stay at home moms don't get paid! But good for you making such a big commitment, I'm down for baby shopping whenever lol.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code