Play class meltdown

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Today was one of the rare occasions when I didn't have to work until 5 ( ugh) I was off early enough to take Ricky to his first Gymboree play and learn class. For those of you that don't know what it is, basically a bunch of moms get together and talk about how awesome their babies are and there is a play group leader who leads everyone in song and tummy time, oh and there is also bubbles and you pay $65 a  month to enjoy this. I really wanted to try it out first before I committed to the $65, you get two free classes. The place itself is nice, it's clean and the staff is very nice, most of the moms are cool too minus the ones that look at you like you are nuts when you drop the S word or say anything negative about your baby. I mean it's not like I swear at Ricky or call him rude names, stinky in our family is a term of endearment I SWEAR! for some reason they thought I was a total jerk for calling him that. Besides the crazy moms, the songs were alright and Ricky was loving the bubbles and the tummy time, he lost his shit about 20 minutes into the whole thing( the class is 45 minutes). He started screaming and balling his little eyes out. This unleashed a wave of baby crying from the other kids and I turned about two shades of red. He continued to scream and then my husband left the door to the playroom accidentally, one of the kids escaped and he offered to go after him, the mom totally flipped and said "no, no I will get him myself" (eye roll). We just kept at trying to console Ricky and towards the end of the class he just dozed off into a nap. I don't know if I was embarrassed or if I am just mad. Either way  I am still confused about the whole thing and don't know if I will go back, next time I will definitely make sure Ricky has a nap first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code